£18,328 per annum (plus an enhancement for night working)
I am currently looking for a Night Porter to work in a small project for young people needing housing support. You will be involved in in site management, operating security surveillance and conducting health and safety checks of the building, as well as being available to the young people being supported.
Duties will include:
- Responding to residents with any issues or concerns they may have
- Booking residents and visitors in and out of the building and logging all relevant information
- Logging all complaints, accidents, potential risks, and incidents of anti-social behaviour in accordance with policies and procedures
- Keeping a day-to-day log of events and happenings when on duty and ensuring effective handover of information to relevant staff
- Conducting regular security checks including fire alarm, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers and reporting any concerns
For this role you will need to have:
- Experience of working with young people
- The ability to diffuse difficult situations which may arise as a result of tension or disagreements between young people
- An understanding of the needs of people from diverse social, cultural and racial backgrounds
- The ability to lone work and use your own initiative
- The ability to work nights on a rota basis
For more information, please call Elite Care on 01604 87935.