Temporary Female Support Worker - Domestic Abuse Support
Amber Valley, Derbyshire
£19,568 per annum
Fixed term until 31st August 2022
Do you have experience of working with and supporting clients who have experienced domestic abuse?
I am looking for Support Workers to work as part of a team offer a wide range of services to adults and children who are experiencing and living with the impact of domestic abuse. This includes a refuge, dispersed accommodation, community based outreach support and a specialist support for children who have experienced domestic abuse.
In this role you will:
- Provide practical and emotional support to adults experiencing domestic abuse
- Assess referrals for both community and refuge based services
- Support the delivery of group work both in refuge and local community
- Travel throughout the area to deliver support and attend multi-agency meetings
- Work in partnership with other agencies
- Work with colleagues to provide a clean and welcoming environment for all accessing our services
- Ensure records (computer based case management system) are kept up to date and accurate
For this post you must have
- Experience of working in the domestic abuse field
- A commitment to maintaining the dignity and rights of individuals and families
- Excellent communication skills to be able to communicate and connect
- IT skills and knowledge of IT systems
- The ability to work 37 hours per week on a rota basis to cover shifts between 9 am and 7pm; flexibility to cover some weekends may be required
- A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
For more information, please call Elite Care on 01604 879345.
This post is exempt under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010 and is only open to female applicants.