Deputy Manager – CYP
Stoke on Trent
£11.70 per hour rising to £12.40 per hour after 18 months
I am looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to work in a fantastic residential home for four children and young people complex needs. This a great opportunity to join a friendly team and gives you the opportunity to bring in new ideas.
In this role your duties will include:
• Assisting the Registered Manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose
• Deputising in the absence of the Registered Manager
• Supporting and managing a staff team to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people
• Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
• Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
• Assisting in developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
For this role you will need to have:
• NVQ 3 in caring for Children and Young People (or equivalent)
• Level 5 qualification (or equivalent) in working with children and young people or be working towards this
• An understanding the needs children with complex needs including managing challenging behaviour
• In depth knowledge of ‘Every Child Matters’
• Knowledge of National Minimum Standards
• Knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
• Team Building Skills
• Supervision Skills
• The ability to manage teams effectively
• 1 years’ relevant supervisory experience
• 12 months experience of working in a residential setting with young people with challenging behaviour
For more information on this role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.