Residential Support Worker
£ 7.50 - £ 8.94 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience)
37.5 worked flexibly over a 2 week roster
My client is looking for Residential Support Workers to work with adults with learning disabilities in their fantastic home in rural Northamptonshire. They have vegetables plots and animals so you must be willing to get involved.
Duties for this post will include:
- Working as part of the Team to provide a caring and stimulating environment within which each individual is able to fulfil their own potential
- Supporting and caring for residents encouraging independence wherever appropriate
- Helping and encouraging residents to prepare simple meals and drinks
- Encouraging residents to undertake some household tasks for example cleaning and in some cases ironing in order to promote independence and life skills
- Encouraging residents to maintain individual personal and hygiene needs as described in their care plans whilst ensuring any special needs or requirements are met.
- Accompanying residents on trips away from their home for example, shopping, theatre visits, interest activities or exercise classes
For this role you must have:
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities
- NVQ level 2 in Care and a willingness to work towards NVQ 3 in Care within 2 years
- Knowledge of basic health, safety and hygiene standards.
- Knowledge of CQC Essential Standards
My client can offer an excellent package including:
- A generous sick pay scheme which rewards loyal staff members on completion of the qualifying period
- 30 days annual leave
- A workplace pension
- Comprehensive professional training development opportunities
For more information, please call Elite on 01604 879345.