Registered Children’s Home Manager (Multi-Site)
Up to £45,000
I am currently looking for a Registered Manager to manage two residential homes for children and young people with complex needs in Northampton. The two homes you will be responsible for include of a brand new two bedded complex children’s home and comes with the rare opportunity to be part of a new project from the very start alongside an established two bedded complex home.
This can be a challenging role, but you will be supported by a fabulous staff team as well as the benefits of working for one of the largest providers of specialist behavioural health services for children in the UK.
Duties for this role will include:
- Ensuring that the home’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively
- Acting as the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints
- Liaising with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people
- Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed
- Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan
- Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care in line with the children’s homes regulations and quality standards and the Home’s Statement of Purpose and developing quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained
For this role you must have:
- Level 5 qualification (or equivalent) in working with children and young people
- A knowledge of Childcare legislation and Safeguarding
- An understanding of the needs of complex needs Children
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour
- At least two years’ experience in a senior role working with children and young people in residential care in the last 5 years
- Experience of supervising and managing a staff team
- A full UK driving licence
For more information on this role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.