£18,540 - £20,315 per annum (£9.61 - £10.53 per hour) plus enhancements
I am looking for a Support Worker to work in a supported accommodation service in Shepshed that provides up to 12 months support to persons living with mental health, prior to independent living. As well as enabling people to learn about their mental health and providing therapeutic support in a psychologically informed environment, it also provides people with 8 weeks of transitional support during their move on into independent living in their own flat in the community.
You will be supporting with daily living skills and promoting emotional stability to increase confidence. Building good relationships with families, social workers and other professionals is key to the role.
For this role you must have:
- An empathetic personality
- Great organisational skills
- The ability encourage positive behaviour
- A willingness to understand and promote techniques to reduce drug and alcohol dependency
- The ability to work a variety of shifts including waking nights, sleep-ins, weekends and bank holidays
A full, valid driving licence is desirable.
For more information on this great role, please call Elite Care on 01604 879345.