Support Worker - Floating Support
£18,540 - £20,315 per annum pro rata (£9.61 - £10.53 per hour) plus enhancements
I am looking for a Support Worker to work in a floating support service providing up to two years of low-level (non-personal care) housing related support for people with a disability, across all tenures, including those who are at risk of losing their homes or require additional support to maintain tenancies within the Derbyshire area.
In this role you will:
- Work people to provide advice, support and assistance to develop independent living skills and maximise independence by offering support to:
- Secure and maintain appropriate accommodation
- Develop their skills to live independently
- Establish personal safety and security
- Promote health and wellbeing
- Maximise benefits and advice around budgeting and finances
- Access and engage with other services as required
As a Support worker your expected duties will be to help maximise income by identifying benefit entitlements, helping with social isolation by identifying support groups, writing person centred support plans and working to identified outcomes. This can be a challenging role as you will also be helping vulnerable people to avoid eviction and support with all tenancy needs, including helping to move home. You will also attend drop in centres where service users will come for help with their correspondence. Moreover, you will assist with the marketing of the service and meet planned targets.
For this role you must have:
- Exceptional communication skills, good telephone manner and great written skills as it also involves filling out various forms
- Great organisational skills and a flexible and pro-active approach to work
- The ability to work as part of a team and individually, working on your own initiative
- As you will be expected to travel and some of our locations can be difficult to access on public transport, it is essential that you have a full valid driving license with business insurance (so you can claim for any mileage expenses!).
The service works flexibly over a 7 day period usually between the hours of 08.00-18.00 however there may be occasions where you may be required to cover absences from other areas of PST North in various locations across North Nottinghamshire, which could also include personal care and waking/sleep in nights.
For more information on this great role, please call Elite Care on 01604 879345.