Resettlement Worker - Young Person's Services
£22,309 - £26,566
Would you like to work for a busy and dynamic supported housing service for young people aged 16 – 21 years?
In this role you will:
- Assist and prepare young people to be ready to move on
- Helping young people complete the appropriate referrals forms for housing, coordinating referrals or arranging and attending referral interviews
- Mediate between young people and their families to facilitate moves back home
- Help service to access grants/ charitable funding for white goods or other furnishings
- Arranging and facilitating pre move in meetings, joining the property inspection
- Deputise for the manager where necessary - a fantastic opportunity if you’re looking for the next step
For this role you must:
- Have an awareness of housing options and available funding to enable young people to maintain their tenures and resettle back to family or appropriate accommodation
- Have a knowledge of welfare benefits
- Be highly motivated and resilient but also patient and kind
- Have a positive attitude
- Have a full valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle. You will be able to claim mileage proving you have business cover on your insurance.
- Be able to work on a rota basis. Typical shift patterns are 08:00 – 15:30 and 14:30 – 22:00
For more information on this great role, please call Elite Care on 01604 879345.