Residential Care Worker – Children’s Home
£9.93 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications) + £33 per sleep-in
I am acting on behalf of a small, independent residential child care company who offer bespoke, high quality care and support to young adolescents who are ‘looked after’. They are currently looking for a Residential Care Worker to join their teams at homes in Rushden and Walgrave in Northamptonshire.
In this fantastic role you will be expected to:
- Ensure and maintain positive childcare practice, by providing a safe, warm and supportive environment for the young people in your care
- Ensure that all children and young people are safeguarded from harm at all times
- Transport young people in the company vehicles to appointments, school, activities etc
- Undertake administrative duties as required in the home
- Act as a positive role model for the young people at all times
- Undertake Key work responsibilities and duties in relation to the young people, ensuring a high standard of care delivery
- Be a key member of a team of residential workers and be involved in the planning and organisation of the young person’s specific care plan
- Undertake sleep-in duties as required
For this role you must have:
- Experience of working in children’s homes, youth work, young offenders, care leavers or fostering/adoption
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- A full manual driving licence
- The ability to be a positive, caring, empathic and influential role model to you people who may display extreme challenging behaviours
- A good general standard of education and the ability and willingness to work towards achieving any qualifications necessary for the role.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to work a rota pattern including evenings, weekends, sleep-ins, bank holidays, Christmas etc
For more information, please call Elite on 01604 879345.