£18,540 - £20,315 per annum (£9.61 - £10.53 per hour) plus enhancements
I am looking for a committed Support Worker to join the team in a care home for adults with mental health and learning disabilities with complex and challenging needs in Rainworth. The project is a step-down service for adults that have been discharged from long term admissions in psychiatric units.
This role is varied and no two days are the same, but duties will include:
- Providing personal care
- Helping with domestic duties (e.g. cooking)
- Being a great listener and providing emotional support
- Administering medications
- Helping the service users to access work, education or training
- Supporting service users to live as independently as possible
For this role you must have:
- Previous experience of working with adults, preferably those with social, emotional and mental health disorders
- Patience and understanding to be able to nurture challenging behaviour in the right way
- Great communication skills
- The ability to work varied shifts on a rota basis which includes early and late shifts, weekends, bank holidays, night working and sleep-ins. Core shift times include 7am – 2.30pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm – 7am. You will receive a bonus for waking night shifts and an allowance is paid for sleep-ins
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role.
There is free car parking on site and the service is easily accessible by public transport.
For more information, please call Elite Care on 01604 879345.