Homelessness Caseworker – Outreach
Outreach Bedford – with office base in emergency accommodation
£24,179 + unsociable hours shift allowance of £1,000, per annum (pro rata)
I am looking for a special person to provide outreach and direct access into an overnight bed this winter in Bedford.
In this role you will:
- Conduct street sweeps during the night to proactively seek out individuals who may not yet have approached services for support
- Facilitate rapid access to emergency accommodation where this is desired, ensuring that no one needs to sleep rough over the winter months
- Complete assessments of needs and risk of individuals
For this role you must:
- Have a sound understanding of homelessness, in its widest context, and other complex needs
- Have previous experience (lived and/or worked) in working with people who are experiencing homelessness and rough sleeping
- Be able to quickly build rapport with people
- Be professional, friendly and approachable, and have the ability to rapidly build trust
- Be able to work on a rolling rota of 4 nights on, 4 nights off from 10.30pm to 8.00am
For more information, please call Elite on 01604 879345.