Residential Support Worker
Children and Young People
£9 per hour
I am currently looking for residential support workers to work in a residential home that provides person-centred care to children aged between 8 to 17 years with learning disabilities and conditions within the autistic spectrum, within a friendly home environment.
For this role you will need to:
- Promote the rights of young people as individuals and provide them with quality care in accordance with the policies and procedures of the home
- Assist in the provision of a safe and homely environment both individually and as part of the team to help young people achieve their potential by strengthening areas of weakness and developing areas of strength
- Undertake in planning for and preparation of young people for admission or discharge to and from the home.
- Promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person
- Encourage young people to develop their full educational and vocational attainment
- Provide firm, consistent, and fair boundaries in respect of their behaviour and employ appropriate and agreed sanctions
- Undertake routine administrative tasks and provide written reports and maintain the Young Person’s file as required by the organization’s policies and procedures
To be successful as a residential support worker you must have:
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with disabilities and behaviours that may challenge.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Care (or equivalent) be willing to work towards this
- A willingness to undertake appropriate training as part of overall professional development
- The ability to work early and late shifts
- The ability to drive with access to a vehicle
For more information, please call Elite Care on 01604 879345.
These roles are temporary with a view to becoming permanent.