£11.50 per hour
I am looking for an experienced Team Leader to work in a residential home offering care and support to young adults with learning and/or physical disabilities from 14 years and upwards.
In this post you will be required to:
- Assist the Registered Manager in ensuring that the Home meets the standards and expectations of its Statement of Purpose
- Deliver high standards of care, protection and support to children and adults with learning disabilities and related complex needs by facilitating their physical, psychological, emotional and recreational development
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children, adults and to ensure that the quality of care provided is consistent with Standards
- Assist in the establishing and maintenance of a competent, motivated and confident staff team and to offer leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to the staff team
- Ensure that the Home’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively
To apply for this role you must have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar position within a residential setting
- Experience of supervising a team and taking on-going responsibility for a team
- Experience working with individuals with learning disabilities and autism
- Experience managing challenging behaviours
- Experience in use of alternative communication methods for nonverbal individuals.
- The ability to work shifts, which include early morning and late evening work and an on call rota system. You will also work weekends as part of a rota and Bank Holidays
- An understanding of relevant legislation i.e. quality standards, mental capacity, DoLS etc
- A working knowledge of care plans and person centred planning
For more information on this rewarding role, please call Elite on 0104 879345.