Registered Children’s Home Manager
£32,000 + on-call + bonus
My client is a growing provider of residential care homes for children and young people in the East Midlands. Initially managing an established children’s home in Corby, Northamptonshire for 6-9 months, you will then source, set up, design, and lead a new Children’s Home in Leicestershire.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to use their skills and knowledge to really make a real difference in the lives of children and young people.
Duties for the role of Registered Manager will include:
- Taking total responsibility for the management of the care and therapy within the Home
- Providing the optimum caring and therapeutic environment for the young people
- Dealing with all referrals
- Arranging admissions to the home
- Ensuring all standards and legal requirements are being met
- Setting up a new children’s home, including appointing your own staff team with input and influence on the service model
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- A qualification in a caring discipline acceptable to the Registering Authority: DipSW, CQSW, or QCF Level 5 (or equivalent)
- At least 1 years’ experience working as a Deputy Manager/Registered Homes Manager in a care setting caring for a similar group with good or outstanding ratings
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015, the Guide to the Quality Standards, Ofsted’s Social Care Common Inspection Framework
- Experience of working in a progressive educational/care setting
- Proven ability to engage effectively with children and young people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- Accurate recording and documenting skills
- UK/EU driving licence
For more information on this exciting and rewarding role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.