Temporary to Permanent
This role is temporary with a view to becoming permanent after 3 months
£9.01 - £9.70 per hour (depending upon qualifications and experience)
My client is a fabulous local charity who have residential care and supported housing units for adults with learning disabilities, autism and dementia in a beautiful location in Northamptonshire. They are looking for friendly staff to join their team and happy to offer training to people who have not worked in care before but have a great attitude and a willingness to learn.
You will be required to:
- Work as part of the team to provide a caring and stimulating environment within which each individual is able to fulfil their own potential
- Encourage and develop the skills and independence in all walks as life of those supported
- Help and encourage those people to undertake a range of household tasks such as cleaning, washing, ironing and shopping in order to promote independence and life skills
- Encourage and facilitate participation in a wide range of activities, hobbies, trips and exercise
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons
- Use a range of lifting and transporting equipment as necessary to help and support tenants with limited mobility in accordance with appropriate training, policies and procedures
For this role you will need to have:
- The ability to deal with people of all temperaments
- The ability to follow instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of basic health, safety and hygiene standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A full UK driving licence as travel will be required between various locations
- The ability to work on a rota basis including some weekends
This role is temporary with a view to becoming permanent after 3 months.
For more information please call Elite on 01604 879345.