Residential Support Worker
£9.70 - £10 depending upon qualifications and experience plus £60 per sleep-in
Do you have experience of working with children and young people? I am looking for Residential Care Workers to work for a fantastic provider of specialist care and education in a therapeutic environment for young people with complex needs.
In this role you will ensure that young people are given the highest standards of care on a day to day basis, including school attendance, activities and appointments, as well as working as part of a team to make sure the home is kept clean, food prepared and the young people are listened to. You must be able to communicate effectively with children and young people and understand and empathise with the needs of the young people.
For this post you must have:
- Domestic housekeeping skills
- Awareness of the principles of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- A Basic understanding of the principles of childcare legislation
- An assertive and confident personality
- Basic computer skills
- A full manual driving Licence
- The ability to work flexibly, including long days, sleep-ins and weekends
My client can offer:
- An outstanding induction programme
- A Competency Framework to enable career progression
- An excellent training provision with a 4-day Behavioural Support course
- Superb ongoing in-house
You must be over 21 to apply for this role due to National Minimum Standards.
For more information on the role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.
This post is temporary with a view to becoming permanent.