Senior Residential Childcare Practitioner
£11.00 per hour, dependent on experience and qualifications, plus non-contractual sleep in payments of £60.00 per sleep in
Do you have experience of working with children and young people? I am looking for Senior Residential Care Workers to work for a fantastic provider of specialist care and education in a therapeutic environment for young people with complex needs.
You will be required to:
- Provide a residential service to children and young people
- Assist the home manager in leading, motivating and supporting a team of residential childcare practitioners
- Assist the home manager to ensure the best outcomes possible for each child and young person are promoted
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the home in the absence of the home manager and the assistant home manager
For this post you must have:
- Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- A full manual driving Licence
- Awareness of the principles of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Confidence in responding appropriately to challenges within a residential or school Environment
- An understanding of the principles of childcare legislation
- An understanding the management role in providing support and guidance for the staff teams
- The ability to work shifts, long days, weekends and sleep-ins
My client can offer:
- An outstanding induction programme
- A Competency Framework to enable career progression
- Superb ongoing in-house
For more information on this exciting, please call Elite on 01604 879345.
You must be over 21 to apply for this role due to National Minimum Standards.