Senior Residential Support Worker
£25,261 to £26,261 (inclusive of sleep-in allowance and Complex Care Allowance)
I am looking for a Senior Residential Support Worker to work in a new home opening in Derby that will support 1 or 2 young people with complex care needs.
Duties will include:
- Working directly with children and young people ensuring that all their care needs are being met in line with the Children’s Homes Regulations
- Planning, organising and leading others during the course of your working day
- Ensuring that the team provides the highest quality care and therapeutic support to the young people at the Home
- Acting as key worker, including co-ordinating the achievement of personal plans, providing any necessary support
For this exciting new role you must be able to demonstrate:
- QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare/NVQ3 Caring for Children and Young People (or equivalent)
- Experience of work with young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Experience of supervising staff and/or running shifts in a residential care setting
- An understanding of the Care Standards Act (2002)
- The ability to work shifts on a rota basis, including sleeping-in
- A full UK driving license
In line with the National Minimum Standards: Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2001, this vacancy is age restricted – you must be at least 22 years old to apply for this role.
If you are looking for a challenge and want to work for a brilliant provider of children’s homes, please call Elite on 01604 879345.