20-25 Hours per week
£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
I am looking for an experienced Finance Manager to work for a small local charity who run exceptional services in rural Northamptonshire. The charity provides supported living and residential care in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside to adults with learning disabilities, autism and dementia.
This is a new post and you will be required to take responsibility for all financial aspects of the business as it enters a period of growth over the short and medium term.
Duties for this post will include:
- Responsibility for the full range of financial management including:
- o Preparing Budgets
- o Income & Expenditure
- o Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Forecasting, based on the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) governing Charity and Company Law
- Working with and supporting the Senior Management team on a regular basis
- Reviewing, designing and delivering a suite of financial reports from the accounting software for the Trustees
- Accounting for all payroll controls with the Charity payroll provider
- Controlling the Charity petty cash and recharges system
- Budgetary control on ad hoc projects
- Liaising with external auditors and producing draft financial accounts
- Attending Directors/Trustees and management meetings as appropriate
For this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant status to AAT level, preferably with experience in working in the Charity sector
- Hands on experience with accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Good knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
- Good organisational and time management abilities
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle, due to the remote location of the role
For more information on this role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.