Deputy Manager – CYP
£11.70 per hour rising to £12.40 per hour after 18 months
I am looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to work in a fantastic residential home for up to six children and young people with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties. This a great opportunity to join a friendly team and gives you the opportunity to bring in new ideas.
In this role your duties will include:
- Assisting the Registered Manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose
- Deputising in the absence of the Registered Manager
- Supporting and managing a staff team to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
- Assisting in developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
For this role you will need to have:
- NVQ 3 in caring for Children and Young People (or equivalent)
- Level 5 qualification (or equivalent) in working with children and young people or be working towards this
- An understanding the needs of BESD children including managing challenging behaviour
- In depth knowledge of ‘Every Child Matters’
- Knowledge of National Minimum Standards
- Knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
- Team Building Skills
- Supervision Skills
- The ability to manage teams effectively
- 1 years’ relevant supervisory experience
- 12 months experience of working in a residential setting with young people with challenging behaviour For more information on this role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.