Supported Living Carer
£8.72 - £9.20 per hour depending on age, qualifications and completion of a probationary period
My client is a fabulous local charity who have residential care and supported housing units for adults with learning disabilities, autism and dementia in Northamptonshire. They are currently expanding their staff team, and are looking for friendly staff to join their team.
You will be required to:
- Work as part of the Team to provide a caring and stimulating environment within which each individual is able to fulfil their own potential
- Encourage and develop the skills and independence in all walks as life of those who we support.
- Help and encourage those who we support undertake a range of household tasks such as cleaning, washing, ironing and shopping in order to promote independence and life skills
- Encourage and facilitate participation in a wide range of activities, hobbies, trips and exercise
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons
- Use a range of lifting and transporting equipment as necessary to help and support tenants with limited mobility in accordance with appropriate training, policies and procedures
For this role you will need to have:
- Knowledge of CQC Essential Standards
- Knowledge of basic health, safety and hygiene standards
- The ability to deal with people of all temperaments
- The ability to follow instructions, procedures and guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A full UK driving licence as travel will be required between various locations
- The ability to work on a rota basis - a structured rota will be followed but some flexibility will required for these roles with some weekend working. However, some flexibility will be needed due to the nature of the role
My client can offer an excellent package including:
- A generous sick pay scheme which rewards loyal staff members on completion of the qualifying period
- 30 days annual leave
- A workplace pension
- Comprehensive professional training development opportunities
For more information please call Elite on 01604 879345.