Up to £25,0000
My client offers specialist residential and community based psychological care for young people between the ages of 16 and 25 with mental health needs. Through a pathway of compassionate, person-centered care and psychological therapy the company aspires to support young people within the service to achieve the outcomes they want for their future.
They are looking for a highly motivated, compassionate and energetic individual to contribute to the development of their psychology and care pathway within a newly established unique care home. You will be encouraged to build supportive and professional relationships with the young people to help them progress towards independent living.
Duties will include:
- Attending and contributing to child care planning and review meetings as appropriate
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Assist the manager in developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making
- Ensuring that all new staff receive a proper induction to the Home in line with company policy
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a supervision contract and receives supervision in line with National Minimum Standards
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a personal development plan.
- Attend senior staff and team meetings to facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development
- Reporting and assisting the manager in resolving issues of staff motivation and morale
- Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities
For this role you must have:
- NVQ Level 4 - Care/Management or Registered Managers Award (or equivalent). Graduate qualifications may be considered depending on subject areas
- A knowledge of CQC requirements and KLOEs
- At least 2 years experience working with children and young people within a residential environment, 1 year of this must be at a senior level
- Experience of supervising staff
- Knowledge of child development, appreciation of the needs of children and young people, and the effects of separation from next of kin
- The ability to work 9am -6pm 5 days a week and provide Duty Cover on a rota basis
For more information on this fantastic new role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.