Children’s Home, Bedfordshire
£25.436 + progression
Our client provides specialist therapeutic care and education to young people young people aged between 10 and 18 who, due to previous trauma and/or neglect, have a range of complex needs.
Due to their continued expansion, they are looking for an experienced Assistant Home Manager for one of their small children’s home in Bedfordshire.
The main duties of this role of Assistant Children’s Home Manager will include:
- • Supporting the manager to provide professional support, guidance and supervision to a staff team
- • To be responsible for the day to day management of the home in the absence of the manager
- • Ensuring that vision, values, policies and ethos are promoted and adhered to
- • Assist the manager to ensure the home provides and maintains the highest levels of therapeutic care and service in accordance with the legislative framework
- • Assisting the home manager to ensure the safety of all children and staff, and that safeguarding practice, procedures and recording meet all regulatory requirements and professional expectations
To be successful in this challenging role you must have:
- Level 3 QCF working with children and young people (or equivalent)
- The ability to work independently, lead a staff team and work cohesively within the management group
- Commitment to the staff in the home and other home managers in their locality, young people, the service and each other in order to achieve high quality outcomes.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and young people
- A least one year’s experience in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
- Full manual driving licence
My client can offer:
- An outstanding induction programme
- A Competency Framework to enable career progression
- An excellent training provision with a 4-day Behavioural Support course
- Superb ongoing in-house
For more information on this challenging yet rewarding post please call Elite on 01604 879345.