Registered Children’s Home Manager
Up to £38k
I am currently looking for a Registered Manager to work in a specialised home (sexual trauma services) for children and young people. This is a service which is rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted and regarded as settled with great outcomes for children and young people.
This is a challenging role, but for the right person offers great opportunities working for one of the largest providers of specialist behavioural health services for children in the UK.
Duties for this role will include:
- Ensuring that the home’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively
- Acting as the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints
- Liaising with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people
- Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed
- Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan
- Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care in line with the children’s homes regulations and quality standards and the Home’s Statement of Purpose and developing quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained
For this role you must have:
- NVQ4 in residential care (or equivalent) and a Level 5 qualification in management (or be working towards)
- An understanding of the needs of BESD children
- At least two years’ experience in a senior role working with children and young people in residential care
- Experience of supervising and managing a staff team
- A full UK driving licence
For more information on this role, please call Elite on 01604 879345.