25 hours per week
£7.70-£8.21 per hour
My client is a local charity who need an experienced Assistant Cook to staff to work in their residential care service for adults with learning disabilities in rural Northamptonshire.
You will required to:
- Support the Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen ensuring that the residents eat well and have a healthy diet
- Prepare and cook all food to the highest possible standard and in line with the residents’ dietary needs, using fresh ingredients
- Deputise for the Chef during times of absence
- Clear and ‘clean down’ after all meals.
- Assist in keeping the whole kitchen area clean and tidy in line with Hygiene, Health and Safety Standards
- Ensure all Health and Safety, COSHH, RIDDOR and Food Hygiene practices are observed and maintained at all times
For this role you will need to have:
- Previous experience of working in a busy kitchen environment
- A Level 1 Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Willingness to work towards Levels 2 and 3 in Food Hygiene
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Cross Contamination Essential Standards and Practices
My client can offer an excellent package including:
- A generous sick pay scheme which rewards loyal staff members on completion of the qualifying period
- 30 days annual leave
- A workplace pension
- Comprehensive professional training development opportunities
For more information please call Elite on 01604 879345.