Support Worker (Temp to Perm)
£8.91+ per hour
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a registered charity that provides support to people with a learning disability who live in their own supported living. Their aim is to support people to live an independent life, whilst providing the care and support to enable them to do this safely at their own pace.
Some of the duties will include:
- Supporting individuals to meet their personal and domestic needs
- Supporting individuals to access community activities
- Supporting individuals to take part in development activities
- Interacting and relating to individuals supported
- Supporting individuals to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Supporting individuals in taking their medication
They are looking for people who have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities who are willing to undertake training to ensure they are providing the best support possible. QCF qualifications are available to applicants who do not already hold them.
You must have:
- An understanding of the issues faced by people with learning disabilities
- Demonstrates a sound value base that promotes the independence and integration of individuals
- The ability to undertake a range of shifts
- The ability to travel to any house within the area
- The ability to support individuals in undertaking recreational activities, including holidays
- Holding a current, valid driving licence would be advantageous
For more information, please call Elite on 01604 879345.